Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not a baby anymore....

We have been working up to this day. At school, Kayla is the last one in her class to still wear diapers and they have been working with Kayla. It has been no rush on my part. I figured when Kayla is ready, she will let me know. Well, I woke up Tuesday morning with the intention of having Kayla try and wear her panties to school. However, Kayla insisted on wearing a diaper. So she wore a diaper and I packed several change of clothes and some special panties. After dropping Kayla off at school, Kayla's teacher, Miss Lori, got Kayla so excited about her "Tinkerbell" panties and the three M&M's that she would get (this is the treat each kid gets after going potty). She got Kayla to put the panties on and go the restroom on the potty. As I watched through the window with tears in my eyes, I could see both Kayla and Miss Lori jumping around in excitement. To my amazement, Kayla kept her panties dry all day. No more diapers (except at night). Each time Kayla ask to go potty, she reminds me of her M&M's. I wonder if she sometimes ask to sit on the potty just so she can get some M&Ms. I try to give her just one M&M, but she knows that she gets three each time she goes to the restroom.

No comments: