Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas 2011

What a wonderful Christmas…6 celebrations with family and friends.  We were ALL exhausted once the celebrations ended.  Overall, a great Christmas.  I enjoyed time with the family.  I enjoyed the week vacation with my husband.  I enjoyed relaxing, watching and listening to the laughter. 

Christmas eve, it was a late night for Mr. and Mrs. Clause (they stayed up until 3am putting together a doll house, a doll bed and a marble run).  Thank goodness the kids decided to sleep until 8am.  The kids were surprised to see all the toys and fun items Santa had left them.  The big hit, Ipod touches.

_MG_7235 _MG_7225 _MG_7228 _MG_7231

After we played Angry Birds and raced the remote control cars, we ate our traditional Christmas breakfast, waffles and bacon. Yum!!!  Then it was time to get dressed and drive to Hico to spend the afternoon Jon’s grandmother, mother and brothers.  Here we enjoyed an evening with family eating a wonderful Christmas dinner and opening presents.

_MG_7247 _MG_7250 _MG_7254 _MG_7259

Day after Christmas, the kids and I went to Houston to visit my grandmother.  I really enjoyed seeing her, my Aunt Carolyn and the rest of the family.  I only wish we could have spent more time together.  Love you Memaw!

 _MG_7266

Final celebration, New Year’s weekend at the Wensel Ranch with my parents.  Jon, the kids and I packed up and drove 4.5 hours to Campwood, TX.  It was a good weekend (would have been perfect but Christian was sick the entire weekend).  Ugh!! This did not make for a fun time for Mommy and Daddy.  Kayla had a blast playing with her older cousins, Zoe and Addison.  I enjoyed seeing my family and driving around with Jon on the four wheeler looking for a deer that had been shot.  I really enjoy my time at the ranch.  Relaxing, quiet and peaceful.

_MG_7393  _MG_7291_MG_7285_MG_7333 _MG_7341 _MG_7344 _MG_7330

What a wonderful and blessed Christmas season.

No comments: