Friday, March 9, 2012

It started with “The Foot Book”

At school, Kayla asked if she could read “The Foot Book” to a DIFFERENT kindergarten class in celebration of Dr. Seuss's Birthday.  The teacher agreed to let her.  She was so excited.  I was excited for her and very proud.  Not a glimpse of fear or shyness.  She walked in confident.  She sat down in the “big teacher chair” and read out loud to the 19 kids looking on.  I told her for doing such a great job and to celebrate Dr Seuss's Birthday, I would make green eggs and ham (well actually bacon).

IMG_0056

What I did not know (or imagine) was that my kids would actually like green eggs and would constantly ask for them.  So now we make it a monthly thing…but not just green eggs.  No, my kids have decided that if we can make green, then we can make rainbow eggs.

IMG_0036

(Yes that is disgusting.  We will not be making blue eggs again.  I can handle the green, the pink, and the purple but not the blue).

No comments: