Thursday, March 27, 2008

A preview of our new addition to the family

On Monday, we got to see a video and 3D pictures of our soon to be new addition to the family. Before the scheduled appointment, our little man decided to take a nap. I was worried at first that he would be sleeping but he woke up just in time to say hello. He kept grabbing the umbilical cord and playing with it. Several times we caught him grabbing his foot and trying to suck on it. He opened his eyes and grinned for us. It was so amazing. We were not able to get very many good shots since he kept moving the umbilical cord in front of his face and since he kept moving so much that it was difficult for the technician to focus. However, we enjoyed seeing the little guy. Kayla was able to look on the big screen TV and see her baby brother. That was neat. Several times she pointed and said "Baby!" Barbara, Jon's mother, came with us. She really enjoyed seeing her future grandchild. I am glad she was able to share this experience with us.

I cant believe in less then 10 weeks, a new addition to our family will be here. I don't know if I am more excited or scared. A two year old and a new born...what was I thinking. I know that it will be wonderful and I am looking forward to all the adventures we have ahead of us.


No comments: