Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tears to my eyes...

Monday was Kayla's Thanksgiving party at what she calls gymnastics school (Mother's Day Out at Kidsport). The kids were not at the gym when I walked in so I had time to look at the placemat and all the crafts that each child made for the Thanksgiving feast. At each place setting there was a small pumpkin pie that the kids made in cooking class, a stuffed paper bag turkey, and a placemat with their handprints and a list of a few things that they were thankful for. Kayla's placemat had five items that she was thanksful for...toys, Mommy, Daddy, and (here are the tear gerkers)Mommy making my fairy costume and God. Tears immediatly came to my eyes when I read the last two items. I really didn't think that Kayla noticed the costume that I made her. I sat down to make her costume more out of selfish reasons. Knowing that I made it for her was something that made me feel good. Wow, I am so touched that she realized and appreciated the effort that I put into it. And the last item, God. I dont even know how to put my feelings into words on this last item. I just am so touched. I must be doing something right.

No comments: