Monday, November 9, 2009

Wine, good conversation and cream cheese icing

One of my friends creates the most amazing cakes and cupcakes. I have always been impressed with her creativity when it comes to icing those yummy looking cakes. Well, several weeks ago, she came up to me with a great idea. I would take her family photos and she would teach me to use the icing tips. (I think I came out ahead on this exchange). So, last night we got together and spent the evening icing a cake and cupcakes. What fun. Wine, good conversation, and cream cheese icing (yum). I never imagined that icing a cake would be therapeutic. But, it really took my mind off of everything around me....Thanks Jessica for teaching me a new hobby. Hopefully one day I will be able to create a cake that looks as amazing as yours.


2 comments:

Three Men and a Little Crazy said...

Ok, seriously. That was too sweet! (No pun intended.) :) You did a wonderful job...quite the natural.

PS-Love the new festive background!

The Daily Stroll said...

So now you can make all my cakes for me right?? :)