Monday, February 4, 2008

My little clean freak...


I really dont know where Kayla picks up some of her habits. The other night, Kayla decided to take her crayons and draw on the kitchen tile. It was late and my sciatic nerve was causing me problems, so I decided to leave it for tomorrow. The next morning as I was preparing breakfast, I looked down to see Kayla cleaning her kichen floor drawings up with some of her wipes that she grabbed out of her backpack. As I reached for my camara, she looked up and informed me that she "help Mommy." My heart Kayla has picked up is a my obsession with picking up the house before we go to bed. Each night I tell Kayla to give Daddy a kiss and hug, she runs over to her Daddy and gives him a kiss and hug.

Then she runs over to Aspen and Bo and gives each one of them a kiss and hug. As we venture to the stairs, Kayla picks up her toys and anything else she sees that is out of place. It has been really helpful. However, I wonder if she does this to postpone bedtime or if she really wants to help pick up. Either way, I love watching her get excited when she sees something out of place and run to put it up. Finally once every little piece of fuzz or toy is picked up (normally 5-10 minutes later), we make it to the stairs to go to bed.

No comments: