Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Morning

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year. Now that we have kids, the holiday is even more meaningful and special. It is filled with so many wonderful things...family, sense of peace, and all the wonderful treats (that I should have stayed away from).

Christmas eve, Kayla and Christian opened their gifts from Mommy and Daddy. One of Kayla's gifts (from Christian) was the new Tinkerbell movie. Needless to say, we had to watch it before heading up to bed. After the movie, I asked Kayla if she wanted to put the cookies out for Santa. Her reply, "No, he doesn't need them." The next morning, I had to go wake our sleeping beauty up...it was already 9:30a.m and I knew we needed to be on the road to Hico by noon (if possible).
When Kayla came down stairs, she was a little apprehensive. She didn't quite get the idea that all the gifts laid out were for her (and there were a lot). Her first reaction was to give Christian his toys. Once she got into opening her toys, she was excited. Kayla and I played with her new tool bench. Jon and Kayla made ice cream cones with her Play-doh set and even played with her new barbie. After all of the toys were played with and Christmas breakfast was made, my little ones and my wonderful husband passed out.

No comments: