Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jingle Bells


The house is decorated and we are ready for Santa. The decorating process took a little bit longer then I like but that has to be expected with a two year old and a six month old(my intention is to have the house decorated and ready the day after Thanksgiving; maybe when the kids are in college will that happen.)

Before having kids, I always decorated the house with all my angels. The tree would be adorned with valuable and breakable angels, white lights, gold Christmas balls and a beautiful angel tree topper. Well, times have changed. Now, the tree is adorned with multi colored lights, home made ornaments and a multi colored star tree topper. Use to, I would spend hours making sure that each ornament was in the perfect position, not too many in one area. This year, I watched as Kayla hung many of the ornaments in one little section. Each time she hung an ornament, she would back up and say "It's perfect." I look at the tree as I sit here and type and my heart fills with joy. Yes, the tree filled with my valuable angels was beautiful and one day I will put it up again. However, this new colorful tree is just as, if not more, beautiful for it is filled with love and wonderful memories.

I have started a tradition this year. Each Christmas the kids will pick out one store bought ornament, make an ornament and have a picture ornament. By the time they are eighteen, the tree wont have a bare limb, the tree will be filled with tons of memories and each kid will have there own ornaments (the store bought ones) when they have their first tree.


No comments: