Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bringing in the new year

I wish I could say that our New Year's Eve was exciting and we stayed up late cheering in the new year. Instead, it was a safe and relaxing evening. Our intention was to pop some fireworks and ring in the new year with Kayla. However, we all were in bed before the clock struck twelve. Our New Year's Day was spent watching football, smoking a brisket, riding Opa's bike and finally popping some fireworks (thank you Opa for the fireworks). Kayla really had a good time New Year's Day. She got to spend some time with her Opa and help her daddy and him smoke a brisket. She also enjoyed watching me suffer as I pulled her around the subdivision on the bike (my body and butt are not use to riding a bike). After four separate trips around the subdivision, I had to call it quits. Kayla also watched with excitement as we popped the fireworks...nothing big, just sparklers and a few other simple fireworks.
Click to play New Year's Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

The Daily Stroll said...

Cute pictures! I like the one of Kayla and Christian in the bike stroller!