Sunday, January 18, 2009

No rest for Mommy...

Going on 7 nights and approximately 4 hours each night makes me a very tired Mommy. What is going on? My children were sleeping through the night or at least most of the night. Kayla was sleeping for 12 hour stretches. Christian would at least sleep for two 5 hour stretches. However, the two have ganged up on me this past week. Christian has decided to wake up and eat at 11:30, 12:30, 3:45, and finally at 7:15. Kayla decides that she is thirsty at 2:00 and that she cant sleep at 4:00. So, we turn a show for her to watch hoping she will fall back to sleep. At 4:45 she climbs into bed with me and wants to play. We get out of bed and put on Tinkerbell. Finally, the princess falls asleep at 5:45. So to say the least, I am tired.....I don't know how many more nights of this torture I can take. It would be different if I could sleep while they napping. However, Kayla has decided to drop her afternoon nap and Christian only take 45-60 minute naps. Even then, I don't think an hour nap will cure my need for sleep. It may actually make it worse. So, I am stuck walking around like a zombie until they both decide to go back to their normal sleeping patterns or until I finally pass out from exhaustion.

2 comments:

lauren_kitts said...

aww hang in there this too shall pass, like they say you will look back and laugh one day, right??? hope it ends soon maybe we'll see you while your up for your visit!!! My advice is bring chocolate it puts a smile on Monda's face!!! ha ha all my love, Lauren

The Daily Stroll said...

And you still want to come up here this week?? Are you sure??

You are so sweet for coming up and helping out! Josh and I really appreciate it and I know Jonah is going to be so excited to see Kayla and Christian!

Maybe I can sneak you one of my Ambien when you come to the hospital ;)