Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First day tears of sadness and joy

Last week was Kayla and Christian's first day of school. What a morning! I was not prepared for the running around trying to get two kids dressed, two lunches made, breakfast made and getting myself dressed. I figured an hour would be enough time. WRONG!! Try two hours. Once we finally got to school, the realization that my babies were no longer babies hit me. Thank goodness we were running late, I had no time to stop and tear up. First stop was to drop Christian off. Kayla helped me take Christian to his class. She introduced Christian to his new teacher. "Christian, you are going to like Ms. Theresa. She is really nice. She was my teacher too." Then Kayla showed Christian some toys and came over to me and said, "Mommy I will be here to take care of Christian if he gets upset." Melt my heart. No crying, no time (even though I so wanted to). We gave Christian a big kiss and snuck out. He didn't even notice we left. He was more interested in a toy lawn mower. Now it was Kayla's turn to go to her class. As soon as we got to her new class, she was gone. No kiss, no hug, no bye. What happened to my little girl that hung on to my leg the first time I dropped her off? What happened to my little girl that cried and asked me to not leave?
After dropping the two off, I headed to my car and the tears began to flow. However, after a few minutes of sulking the realization hit me. I realized that I had five hours of FREE time. No more tears of sadness, only tears of joy. WooHoo!! Off for some much needed Mommy time!! Shopping alone, sitting at home watching TV (and not Noggin), and being able to clean with no distractions (yes cleaning...sad but I really enjoyed not having to clean everything twice).
This year is going to be nice. Tuesdays and Thursdays no kids, no Noggin, grocery store alone, and then the wonderful and heart felt excited smiles and kisses when I pick up my little ones.

1 comment:

The Daily Stroll said...

They are growing up way too fast!