Sunday, September 20, 2009

Girls Afternoon Out

Today Kayla and I spent the afternoon together. I had our babysitter come over and watch Christian for a couple of hours while the two of us went to the nail salon to get a little pampering and much needed time together. We had a great time.

Before heading out, I asked Kayla what color she was going to have her nails painted. "Pink!" However, once we got there she could not decide on hot pink or bright orange. So, she picked both. Pink for the finger nails and orange on the toe nails. Before sitting in the massage chairs, Kayla went up to several of the ladies getting pedicures and started asking questions. "What are you doing?" "What are those (the toe wedges)?" "Why are your feet in the water?" Once we got into the big massage chairs, I turned on the vibration for her. She was not a fan. Myself, I was in total bliss. Kayla sat there watching the nail technician's every move, asking questions and enjoying herself. Once Kayla's nails were painted, the lady asked Kayla if she wanted flowers on her thumbs. Kayla's eyes lit up with excitement. "Glitter Mommy. WOW!" So cute. The ladies in the shop were so impressed with Kayla. She sat there calmly, blowing on her nails (and if you know my child that is a miracle) waiting for me to finish up my pedicure. And can you guess what color Kayla picked out for my toe nails...yes pink. Thankfully not hot pink, but still a shade of pink. Once we were done, we both enjoyed a sucker while we walked down to the grocery store. Unfortunately, Kayla's nails did not dry completely and we had to go back after stopping at the grocery store. The ladies at the shop were so nice and fixed her nails. A blessing because I thought we were going to have a melt down if they were not able to fix her flowers.

As I put my little princess to bed, she gave me a big hug and said, "Mommy, I had a great time this afternoon. I really like my nails. Thank you. I love you so much." I guess this is going to be a monthly ritual, girls pampering afternoon together.

1 comment:

The Daily Stroll said...

So cute!! She looks like she had a great time! I have a feeling Meredith and I will be spending lots of days at the spa :)