Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The End of Babyhood…

The end of babyhood… OKAY, so maybe I’m being a little dramatic, but you really notice your baby growing up when you see them put on that backpack and head off into the world of kindergarten! Suddenly, she’s no longer my baby girl, she’s a BIG GIRL!

When Kayla was a newborn, everyone told me the days of parenting are long but the years are short. I had no idea how true that was until today.

I didn't cry before their first day because I was too concerned with Kayla’s nerves. I didn't cry while taking photos on our front porch. I didn't even cry when she headed into her classroom because the look of the happy face as proudly entered the room and found her seat.

Instead the tears came as I sat down to write this as I thought about how quickly the last five years have gone. Realization that I have a kindergartener. The baby years are over, forever.

At the same time I am also excited. I am excited that she will make new friends who she may have her entire life. I am excited at her independence and confidence, how she didn’t look back as she walked in her new classroom with a big smile and no fear. I am excited for the new phase in her life.

This parenting thing is hard. And wonderful. And joyful. And amazing.

Kayla_asleep_sized From a baby to a…

_MG_6119 KINDERGARTENER!

No comments: