Sunday, August 14, 2011

A weekend to myself…

The house is quiet. The kids are visiting the grandparents for the weekend. The husband is away at a tennis tournament. I am left alone and it feels great.  My goal for the weekend was to relax, catch up on sleep, clean the house, sew and enjoy the piece and quiet. Well that is not happening. 

It is 2am and I am still up (there goes the idea of catching up on sleep).  The sewing machine has not been turned on (I got everything out and ready.  The intent was there but did not happen).  The house is not clean.  Laundry not done (well, I actually did clean out the fridge so I guess I can say I did do something in the cleaning category). 

Instead, I have spent the last 24 hours working on ANOTHER craft.  Those that know me are probably thinking that I am CRAZY (I already have tons of crafts and a list of to-do items a mile long). I might be, but I actually have really enjoyed sitting down with no interruptions and working on a new project.  So far, I have completed (well almost completed) five pair of painted pants. 

 

IMG_6088 These were my first pair.  I may be in trouble when Kayla gets home and sees these since I did not have a pair of jeans in her size.  I guess I will be going to get her a pair of jeans and painting them this week.

IMG_6089 Still need to add Pixie Dust. 

IMG_6095 Going to add Chip (the little cup in Beauty and the Beast)

 _MG_6086 Waiting for the paint to dry to add the leaves and glitter.

No comments: