Monday, March 9, 2009

A Scary Thought

The idea of putting a toddler and paint together at home is a scary scary thought.
But, Kayla so enjoys painting and when she ask so politely to paint with Mommy's paints (not her water colors), I give in.
Mind you, my home isn't really fancy. I don't have expensive stuff (at least not near the budding artist). Best of all, our kitchen table is well treated with some sort of varnish that makes it easy to clean.
BUT still, I get scared when I allow Kayla to release her inner artist!
So, I prepare.
I confined the painting to the kitchen table where the floor is ceramic tile. I have a wet rag and a roll of toilet paper handy. Kayla strips her clothes. And most importantly, once she begins painting, I never leave her side.



1 comment:

The Daily Stroll said...

Oh my goodness! Kayla looks so grown up in this picture! :) Josh and I think she looks a lot like Jon in this picture! Miss you guys! Hope to see you soon!