Friday, March 6, 2009

Hard at work...

For Valentine's Day, Jon, Kayla, Christian and I spent most of our afternoon getting the new store ready to open. We set out thinking we would only be there a couple hours at the most. We were wrong. With two kids running around like crazy, the task of putting four patio tables together ended up taking a little over 4 hours. We were ALL exhausted and very hungry afterwards. I wish Jon had taken a before and an after picture. The below picture is right when we got started. My shoes are still on and my hair is still intact. I did not look so great when we were done. It definitely was a Valentine's Day to remember.
Sorry if I make it sound like it was horrible. In all actuality, it was kind of nice to be able to do something constructive for once. Jon took care of the kids in between me asking him to hold this or that while I was able to put some of my handy work skills to the test (a nice change from changing diapers and playing hide-n-seek). I will have to say that the best part of the day was that we were all together as a family.


No comments: