Monday, March 1, 2010

My little mermaid…

During the first part of January, Kayla had her first official swim lesson.  After listening to her say over and over that she wants her hair to be long (like a mermaid) and watching her hold her breath and try to swim in the bath tub, I felt it was time to let her enjoy being in the water and learn how to swim.  I signed her up for group swim lessons at the YMCA.  I may have created a monster…everyday she ask to go swimming.  Tonight Jon asked Kayla what she wanted to be when she gets older.  Her response, a princes (shocking) and a professional swimmer (what? where did that come from).  We are know on our second round of swim lessons.  Her goal, as she tells me after each swim lesson, is to swim like them (the high school swim team that practices in the big pool). 

_MG_0437 _MG_0434 _MG_0438 _MG_0548

1 comment:

molldoll1117 said...

She IS a mermaid!! Kayla does an amazing job! I won't be surprised in the least if we see her competing in the Olympics someday!